monitoring on a per-user basis

From: Andrew Hall <aah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 18:54:47 +1000

Hi (again),

Just a quickie... Some of our customers (corporate) have requested that we keep track of where their staff are going to using the company's internet account. (dial in accounts). As the IP addresses change every time these staff login to one of my racks I have no way of logging who goes where.. Can squid (1.2b24p1) do this using per user authentication? Does anyone else do this, if so how? I guess I'm trying to ascertain whether I can get squid to log IP address against a username in the access.log file so I can correlate it later?

Is this a can do?

thanks,
Andrew.