Re: Push caching with squid

From: Bertold Kolics <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:15:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> We at A&T Systems have proposed and implemented a PUSH method based on
> Squid for Web caching.
Does it mean that you publish the source code as well? ;-)

What I really don't understand (and would appreciate your explanation),
how push caching handles content negotiations.

In the below structure, objects are identified by the URL only. As far as
I understand HTTP/1.1 properly, by using any content negotiation
procedures, the given object is no longer identified by its URL (and
possibly by the Host header present in the request).

Could you, please, sched some light on this?
Thanks.

Cheers,
Bertold

--
Bertold Kolics * Computer and Automation Research Institute * Hungary
E-Mail: Bertold.Kolics@sztaki.hu * Phone: +36-13497532 * Fax: +36-13297866