Connection coming up when using squid

From: Holger Raschke <Holger.Raschke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 22:53:52 +0200

I am running squid in a small LAN with 2 windows machine and 1 linux
server (Debian1.3.1). I turned the option "log_fqdn" to "off". As
automatic dial-up system i managed to configure diald, named and pppd
daemons.
When i try to get pages, that are cached by squid, an internet
connection is coming up. By stopping diald and analyzing the "cache.log"
file i recognized, that squid tries to connect to pages including
references with cgi-bin or ?. So i modified the option that makes squid
removing these pages immediately from the cache. But it didn't solve my
problem.
How can i get the cached pages from squid without connecting again? Can
someone give me a hint?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Yours
H. Raschke