Best way to transparent proxy?

From: Paul Gregg <pgregg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:54:32 GMT

I'm in the position of redesigning our network and have read some very
good things about transparent proxying and squid (and am currently using
squid as a normal proxy).

I'm also getting a new circuit and so am buying a new router.

My Question is: Having read the Squid Transparent Proxying FAQ - What is the
*best* and/or fastest way to provide transparent proxying. What hardware is
required? Cisco router, Linux box with single NIC? or Dual-NIC Linux
box configured as a router and just not use the backbone router at all?

Any advice is appreciated.

Paul Gregg

--
Email pgregg at tibus.net | Email pgregg at nyx.net    | Eight out of every
Technical Director        | System Administrator       | five people are math