Re: Load Testing

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:40:54 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Tom Brisco wrote:

> Has anyone done anything specific about load-testing certain
> configurations?
> Before dumping some time into this -- has anyone seen/heard of any
> such work going on?

We are working on a large scale benchmark called Web Polygraph. The first
version is due out in the end of September. There are other benchmarks
around, but I have not seen anything decent for large scale tests (besides,
maybe, HTTP Blaster?).

Note that you do not have to simulate 500K clients. What you are looking for
is simulating the request stream that 500K would create...

Alex.