Re: Access log - level of detail

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 17:49:10 +0200

rstagg@csc.com wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Just a quick query concerning the Access log: I have observed that an URL
> along the lines of "http://www.test.com?wibble" ends up in the access log
> without the stuff following the query.

Query parameters are removed as a security measure. Many services uses
query
paramteres to supply passwords and other sensitive information.

> I've looked in the FAQ under Logs and found nothing about this. Is there a
> way to increase the logging level of detail so that parameters in URLs are
> saved in the logs?

It is currently hardwired in the code. Search for calls to
urlCanonicalClean
and replace them by urlCanonical. This enables logging of
* Query parameters
* FTP passwords

---
Henrik Nordström