access log format

From: Paul Phillips <paulp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:48:53 -0700 (PDT)

Am I unusual in wanting squid's access log to be *exactly* like CLF? At
present (latest 1.2 beta) it does not log the request line as it appeared,
but instead munges the URL to be what it actually retrieved (i.e. instead
of logging /foo/bar.html it logs http://www.backend.com/foo/bar.html)
and does not log the protocol. Since we're using squid only as an HTTP
accelerator I want the logs to be drop-in replacements for the old logs
(external auditing type organizations don't always embrace differences.)

I'm post-processing them right now but I don't like this. I can hack
the source, but I'm curious why this need hasn't surfaced long before;
maybe I'm missing something.

--
Paul Phillips      | Don't worry, I'm on top of the ball.
Stickler           |