Re: access log format

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:38:51 +0200

Paul Phillips wrote:

> I'm post-processing them right now but I don't like this. I can hack
> the source, but I'm curious why this need hasn't surfaced long before;
> maybe I'm missing something.

It is easy to postprocess the logs (sed -e
's%http://www.backend.com/%/%' when the log is fed to your log
analyzer), and most people run Squid as a proxy and then the protocol
and host name is important.

And similary, many people running it as a accelerator does so for
multiple servers (both IP and Host based) and thus want's the host name
to appear in the logs.

---
Henrik Nordström
Spartime Squid Hacker