Re: ftp url problem?

From: Pavel Paprok <ppaprok@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:33:19 +0200

Rodney Holm wrote:

> On a squid 1.1.20 NOVM, Linux, I put the following url into my browser:
> This is the absolute path of the file.
>
> ftp://username:password@hostname/home/ftp/someuser/somefile.exe
>
> I get the following response:
>
> ----------------------
> ERROR
>
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL:
> ftp://username@hostname/home/ftp/someuser/somefile.exe
>
> The following FTP error was encountered:
>
> home/ftp/someuser/somefile.exe: Not a directory.
>
> This means that:
>
> The given URL does not exist, or is not readable.
>
> Generated Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT, by squid-ftpget/1.NOVM.20@TEAMInternet
> -----------------------
>
> If I change the url to the follwing:
>
> ftp://username:password@hostname/somefile.exe
>
> It works. The file actually lives in the directory i am put into on a
> successful login. woohoo

Hi,

Same problem I meet just yesterday. After installing new linux box
(slackware-3.5)
with proxy (squid-1.1.22) some bookmarks from PC client (W95/Netscape)
like above
stop working; after modifying URL like above working again.
Notice directly from lynx on this linux box same old URL still working.

Pavel