List of OS's that Squid compiles flawlessly on

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 06:32:45 +0200

Hi

Thanks for your time. This shouldn't take long. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ONLY
REPLY TO ME, NOT TO THE WHOLE LIST.

I am attempting to compile a list of Operating Systems that Squid compiles
on without any problem. If you have the chance, could you please mail me
and give me the following information:

OS name:
Compiler:
Problems (if any):
With Async IO? (if squid-1.1, don't worry about it):
Filehandles per process (if known):
FD_SETSIZE: 256

Eg:

OS name: Linux 2.0.35
Squid version: 1.1 and 1.2
Compiler: GCC (any version)
Problems (if any): Low FD limit, need patch
With Async IO: With and Without.
Filehandles per process: 256 (can be kernel-patched to reach at least 3000)
FD_SETSIZE: 256

I already know that the following work, but I don't have any idea how
much of a hassle it was to compile on these machines, and if squid-1.2 works
fine there too.

AIX
BSDI
Digital Unix
FreeBSD
HP-UX
Irix
Linux
NetBSD
Nextstep
NT (with CygWin - not extensively tested or recommended)
OS/2
SCO
Solaris

I will, in all likelyhood, not be able to credit people for sharing their
information, depending on the number of people that reply.
If you have a problem with this, please do not reply.

About FDs per process:

When you run './configure': (this is from squid-1.2)

checking for vsnprintf... (cached) yes
checking for poll... (cached) no
checking if setresuid is implemented... (cached) no
checking if GNUregex needs to be compiled... no
checking for tempnam... (cached) yes
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
checking Default FD_SETSIZE value... 256
checking Maximum number of filedescriptors we can open... 256

Thanks again!

Oskar

---
"Haven't slept at all. I don't see why people insist on sleeping. You feel
so much better if you don't. And how can anyone want to lose a minute -
a single minute of being alive?"				-- Think Twice