Ignore reload for some time ?

From: Patrick Lay <lay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:35:10 +0200

Hi,

I posted this Message a week ago and didn't get any
replies to it, so I'll try it again. If this Question is unappropiate
for this Mailinglist, please inform me and I'll try to get help
somewhere else. Thank You.

-------
I am running Squid1.2beta24 as an accelerator for Apche with an attached
Database System. What I'm trying to do is to avoid a DoS-Attack by Users
pressing Reload too often and so producing too much work for the
Database System (which is generating the HTML-Pages dynamically).
How can I achieve this ?
It would be nice to configure Squid to return only the cached Object
for, say, 1 Minute before checking/retrieving the page (and so straining
the Server) again. Since the pages are generated dynamically every time,
the timestamp doesn't help much for IMS-requests.
Any ideas ?

Thank You in advance,
Patrick

--