Re: ftpget and squid reconfigure

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:58:50 +0200

Tony Martino wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently using squid 1.1.20 and ftpget 1.1.22. After having
> modified the squid configuration files I need to run "squid -k
> reconfigure"; but this operation kills all the active ftp sessions.

It not only kills active ftp sessions, it stops responding to any
requests for a while.

> Is it possible to avoid this problem?

Not with the current design.

Be warned that reconfigure is not well tested or designed. Many times
you are better off by changing the configuration file and then shedule a
restart of Squid when not to many clients are using it...

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker