Re: cache-digest errors.

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 09:57:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Karl Ferguson wrote:

> A fellow sibling and I are attempting to use cache-digest instead of ICP as
> an experiment and getting the following error on occasion:
>
> <snip>
>
> Forwarding Denied.

Apart from enabling miss_access, you may want to check digest utilization
using cache manager interface. Ideal utilization (percent of bits "on") is
50%. Values far off may indicate a problem. False hit ratio will increase
if utilization is very high. Very low utilization means you are wasting
bandwidth (likely with a filling-up caches). Use cache manager (peer and
store digest stats) to get the numbers.

Eventually, Squid will handle miss access problems transparently to the
client (regardless of the protocol).

Alex.