How to Restrict Both Clients and Hosts?

From: Charles W. Bailey, Jr. <cbailey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 13:32:42 -0500

I'm trying to set up a Squid that will only accept connections from specific client IP addresses and will only allow those clients to go to specific host IP addresses. I don't want to require that the users enter passwords, and clients don't have Ident. I can get Squid to either restrict clients or restrict hosts, but not both. Can Squid do this?

Below is a simplified part of squid.conf that shows what I'm trying:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl goodclients src [list of IP numbers]
acl goodhosts dst [list of IP numbers]
acl stophosts dst 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

http_access allow goodclients
http_access deny all

http_access allow goodhosts
http_access deny stophosts

I've tried changing the order of the http_access entries without any luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Charles

Charles W. Bailey, Jr., Assistant Dean for Systems,
University Libraries, University of Houston, Houston, TX
77204-2091. E-mail: cbailey@uh.edu. Voice: (713) 743-9804.
Fax: (713) 743-9811.

<URL:http://info.lib.uh.edu/cwb/bailey.htm>
<URL:http://info.lib.uh.edu/sepb/sepb.html>