Re: cache-digest errors.

From: Karl Ferguson <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 11:21:22 +0800

At 09:09 PM 6/10/98 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>There is no difference as far as I can see (except that you have not paid for
>the "ICP delay" with cache digests). The "recovery" code would be the same
>for both protocols. That code has yet to be finished though (there was no
>recovery code for ICP false hits).

Right. A client getting a forwarding denied message is quite a harsh
thing for a false cache digest hit, however we're just going to enable
miss_access for certain siblings and I'll just watch the MISS stats for
them until the recovery code has been done.

A case of A requestes from B, B gives a 403 error on that hit, A should
ignore and fetch directly or from the next sibling if possible. Whatever
the outcome, it's good to see cache-digests :-)

This message is Copyright (C) 1998 by Karl Ferguson
Tower Networking Pty Ltd t/a STAR Online Services
   Tel: +61 8 9355-0000   Fax: +61 8 9355-0033