Running squid on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Andreas Vierengel <avierengel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:27:14 +0200

Hi everybody,

I have actually running a squid-1.1.22 on Linux. => no problem, really fast (P166, 128MB, 4GB HD).
We have also a SUN (solaris 2.5.1, which runs with Netscape Proxy). Recently I started to compile squid-1.1.22 on the SUN => no problem. (configure; make ; make install). I have also patched Solaris with the newest patches and tuned the tcp and ip parameters according to our needs.
Now I want to replace Netscape Proxy with Squid.
After about 3000 connects to squid, he terminate. But not with a coredump or similar. He writes his store log closes FD's and so on and says "Squid exited successfully". Strange behaviour. No error in cache.log, even with debug ALL,3.
Has anybody experienced the same problem?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

--Andy