Re: [squid-users] Re: False disk full errors

From: Chris Tilbury <cudch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:10:37 +0100

On Wed, Oct 07, 1998 at 05:53:14PM +0100, Chris Tilbury wrote:

[problem of prematurely full filesystems trimmed]
> "mkfs" appears to be getting the settings very wrong, in any case. Not only
> is it choosing the wrong numbers of cylinders per group, but it is also
> getting maxcontig wrong ( -C 7 on the newfs line fixes this ) and it looks
> like it's getting the rpm of the drives wrong, too!
>
> I'm having this problem now with filesystems on 2Gb disks, so it looks like
> something somewhere is pretty bust.

[snip]

> I should be able to tell whether any of these tweaks will have helped within
> the next 2 days, in any event, so I'll follow up to the list.

Having had the disk that I corrected as many of these parameters as possible
on now fill up in the same way, it doesn't look like this has helped.

I have another call open with the answercentre about this, anyway. It looks
like it might take a little while to solve (if it can be, and it isn't a
limitation with UFS).

More info to follow, if and when it becomes available ...

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Tilbury, UNIX Systems Administrator, IT Services, University of Warwick
EMAIL: cudch+s@csv.warwick.ac.uk PHONE: +44 1203 523365(V)/+44 1203 523267(F)