Cacheing "CGI requests"

From: Kjell Roeang <kjell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:13:06 +0200

Hi
I have an application where I process and distribute some data using HTTP.
The application that "process" the data is some kind of "CGI" program that
takes some input file(s) and paramters an generate an output file. The last
modified date of this processed file is then the last modified date of the
input file. I also want to "resuse" the result over several requests and
clients. My questions are then:
Can/should I use Squied to store and distribute the results?
Is there any "optimal" configuration setup to do this?
I have read that POST requests can not be cached. Is that true and
want implications does that have?

Thanks

Kjell

Kjell Rĝang