Squid and spaces in URLs

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 Oct 1998 21:37:24 +0200

Some sites have A Href = ".." links with spaces in them. Especially
sites with frames will not show up properly because of this.

I know spaces in URLs are not really valid, but most webservers
accept them, and squid does not. This causes the user to turn off
the proxy when they find out about this, and ofcourse they never
turn it back on.. which is counter productive.

Currently squid scans for the first space after the URL, expecting
a HTTP/1.[01] string after that. I've modified squid so that it
starts scanning from the end of the string, so that everything between
METHOD and HTTP/1.0 is seen as the URL. That works fine and has been
running in production on our squid-2.0 server for a couple of days
now.

Should and can this patch go into the next squid version?

Mike.

--
  "Did I ever tell you about the illusion of free will?"
    -- Sheriff Lucas Buck, ultimate BOFH.