RE: File Descriptors and squid

From: Walter Klomp <walter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:42:03 +0800

Hi,

I am still not able to switch to 3000 FD's. I am getting nowhere with my
2.0.34 *grr*

However, if you have successfully patched your kernel, just go to your squid
source directory, run:

./configure <whatever parameters you put in before>

make

make install

/usr/local/squid/bin/squid -k shutdown

The squid will restart with the new file-descriptors. You can tail the
/usr/local/squid/logs/cache.log to see if it actually worked...

Regards
                                _\\|//_
                               (' O-O ')
Walter Klomp,
Systems Manager / Administrator (Internet)
Swiftech Automation Pte. Ltd.