Re: Cacheing "CGI requests"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:15:02 +0200

Kjell Roeang wrote:

> Thanks a lot.
> My next question is then:
>
> Does squid cache these requests using the complete URL (after the ? also)?

Yes, of course it does if you allow it to. Squid 2 caches cgi-bin and
queries by default unless you block this in squid.conf.

The cache key is based on the full URL including query parameters,
passwords and other information that may be sent in the URL. (I have no
clue what Duane was thinking on here when he said no)

By security reasons the access log does not contain query parameters or
passwords, but this is a completely different issue.

> If yes, how long can a URL string be (in squid2) ?

I think the limit is 4KB, or slightly less.

---
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker