Re: [squid-users] Re: Cachemgr help

From: Chris Tilbury <Chris.Tilbury@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:32:07 +0100

On Fri, Oct 16, 1998 at 11:36:52AM +0200, Deckert Florian wrote:

> > Where does the cachemgr.cgi file go? In cgi-bin for Apache?
>
> You could leave it in /squid/bin. Just modify your apache/etc/srm.conf by
> adding a line:
> ScriptAlias /squid/cgi-bin/ /squid/bin

Uh? Unless you fancy people trying to run "squid" as a cgi-bin, I would
heartily recommend against this.

Put it in the cgi-bin directory. cgi applications should always be stored in
a separate directory, devoid of any kind of system binary that could
conceivably be abused in an attempt to compromise the security of your
system.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Tilbury, UNIX Systems Administrator, IT Services, University of Warwick
EMAIL: cudch+s@csv.warwick.ac.uk PHONE: +44 1203 523365(V)/+44 1203 523267(F)