Re: Squid 2.0 not able to access ftp sites

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 00:18:11 +0200

Evaghelos Tsiotsios wrote:

> I cannot understand what is going on.....
> I tested Squid 2.0 on my home system and it flies through all ftp
> sites (some of them the same I cannot see with the company Squid).
> Could there be a hint on what bothers passive ftp connections?

Does your company use a firewall / router filter that filters the
packets sent to/from your Squid server?

> Can I reconfigure Squid to make active connections to servers?

Not unless you do a minimal change in the code. Squid first tries
passive connections, and if the server don't support PASV then old
"active" connections are used, but the code can easily be changed into
thinking that PASV is never supported.

change src/ftp.c:
    ftpState->flags.pasv_supported = 1;
    ftpState->flags.pasv_supported = 0;