Re: Falling hit ratios?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:03:31 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Donn Lasher wrote:

> Machine talks to two parents on two different pipes, using "round-robin".
> Recently compiled for "delay pools" and "cache digest".

If both parents do not have an object, do you go direct? If so, try to set
things up so you use round-robin (or some other scheme) if digests check
detects a "global" miss.

The current algorithm is not to digest stale objects. This decision works
better for siblings than for parents. Eventually, we will have [at least] two
digests -- one with stale objects and one with fresh ones. The former will be
used only in child-parent relation or when miss_access is enabled.

Alex.