RE: ftp not working

From: Evaghelos Tsiotsios <etsiot@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:20:56 +0200

I am facing the same problem with Squid 2.0 (see previous postings).
I am not sure it has to do with a firewall since, as Lars says Cute FTP
works OK (have you configured CuteFTP to go through a firewall?).
In my case, Squid 2.0 timeouts on passive FTP conns.
I am attaching Henrik's suggestions on how to disable passive conns for ftp
in Squid 2.0 (it worked for me)

---------Henrik's message
Not unless you do a minimal change in the code. Squid first tries
passive connections, and if the server don't support PASV then old
"active" connections are used, but the code can easily be changed into
thinking that PASV is never supported.

change src/ftp.c:
    ftpState->flags.pasv_supported = 1;
    ftpState->flags.pasv_supported = 0;