Re: Squid 2.0 Patch 2 - Traffic and resource counters

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:48:47 +0200

Dancer wrote:

> Do we know what clients require half-close connections?

If you had big problems with any client using Squid 1.X then maybe that
client was relying on half-closed connections. Squid 1.X did NOT support
half-closed client connections.

On the other hand, if you had no problems using Squid 1.X, then you
don't need support for half-closed connections in Squid 2.X either.

The default is on since we haven't found any reliable source that tells
that it is not allowed in HTTP. However it makes no sense for clients to
use half closed TCP channels in HTTP as it is not needed to delimit
request message bodies.

---
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker