Re: [Q]

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:51:49 +0200

At 16:07 21.10.98 +0300, anri@polynet.lviv.ua wrote:

>Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
>> quick_abort_min 0
>> quick_abort_max 0
>> quick_abort_pct 100 (not really used since max is 0)
>
>Does it mean i should have declared all quick_abort values, or maybe one
>of them, two of them would be enough?

You have to declare at least quick_abort_min, because if you don't,
the other two are ignored.

>And what reason for we have two values - quick_abort_min and
>quick_abort_max, if both values control the same - remaining KBytes?

They are thresholds between three different kinds of handling the abort.
I couldn't explain it better than the comment preceding these options
in the squid.conf file, so I suggest you read that again, and come back
to the list afterwards with any specific questions that might remain.

>> Setting quick_abort_min to -1 tells Squid to always continue fetching
>> the object no matter how much that is left.
>
>Is it default quick_abort_min -1 ?
>Line #quick_abort_min -1
> means quick_abort_min -1 ?

Line #quick_abort_min -1 is a comment, so it really means nothing to Squid.
It's only purpose is to tell you, the gentle reader of squid.conf, that -1
is the default value for the quick_abort_min option. If you want to set
that option to the value 0, you can either uncomment it (ie. remove the
leading #, thus changing the comment into an actual statement) and change
the -1 into a 0, or add a new line quick_abort_min 0 behind it. Squid won't
mind which of these two possibilities you choose - it's just a matter of
taste.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)