Re: Squid dying problems

From: Claude Morin <klode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:15:20 -0400 (EDT)

> My first guess would be a problem with RAM, but it didn't happen until the
> RedHat 5.1 update, which points to software.

So maybe you got lucky :-)

> My next effort is to try to do a new clean install...

When you're wondering about possible RAM problems, check out the
GCC-SIG11-FAQ (in /usr/doc/FAQ on RedHat systems). There's a little
script (unfortunately written in csh) which compiles a kernel 100 times;
if the log files differ you may have a RAM problem.

--
Claude Morin
System Administrator