Re: A selection of SSL bugs...

From: Tilman Schmidt <>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:53:38 +0200

At 20:24 22.10.98 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> wrote:
>> If I try browsing to, Squid
>> does a CONNECT which is clearly duff.
>This is most likely not Squid's fault. It is a browser bug. In both
>cases the connect request should be
>Check what the browser sends to Squid on these requests. My Netscape
>versions sends:

Yes, it's a browser bug, but Squid's handling of the situation isn't
perfect, either. It should just refuse to process such a request with
an error message, not try to extract a semblance of a proper host name
and port number from it.

Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany (private)
"newfs leaves the filesystem in a well known state (empty)."
                                                - Henrik Nordstrom