Re: Proxy auth and redirectors

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:42:58 +0200

Sam Eaton wrote:

> What I've done is patched redirect.c to use the request->user_ident as
> well as conn->ident.ident. Patch is attached.

Redirectors should get request->user_ident, not conn->ident.ident.

request->user_ident is the user, as far as Squid knows, and this is
what's logged in access.log.
1. proxy_auth user
2. ident user
3. blank

conn->ident.ident is the result of ident if enabled.

> This works fine, but what I'd like to know is was this the right thing
> to do, or am I missing something really obvious?

You are mostly right. The patch can be simplified.

---
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker