Automatic Proxy

From: Umut Ceyhan <umut@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:29:39 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings - we had been using Netscape Proxy server for some time, but since
Squid seems a
lot better (and also pricewise!) we would like to convert to Squid.
However, our users ALL
have their browsers configured as:
"Automatic Proxy Configuration" with the Configuration URL pointing to our
proxy.

If I just replace the Configuration URL in netscape communicator with
Squid's URL,
both browser and squid complain about it, browser says 'Did not receive a
proper automatic
configuration file..' and Squid complains about 'Invalid URL: /'..

Does anyone know of an easy way to migrate to Squid, without upsetting
too many users?

Umut Ceyhan