Re: Automatic Proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 02:04:36 +0100

Umut Ceyhan wrote:

> browser says 'Did not receive a proper automatic configuration
> file..' and Squid complains about 'Invalid URL: /'..

You need to have a HTTP server where you put the pac file (or load it as
a icon..). Then use the accelerator feature of Squid to make it accept a
"plain" request.

Hmm.. perhaps we should include the ability to preload any file similar
to how icons are loaded.. I'll look into this when I get some time.
Having a HTTP server only for serving pac files and other static pages
seems a bit overkill.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker