Re: Automatic Proxy

From: Stefan Rompf <srompf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:07:03 +0100

At 02:04 27.10.98 +0100, Hendrik Nordstrom wrote:

>Hmm.. perhaps we should include the ability to preload any file similar
>to how icons are loaded.. I'll look into this when I get some time.
>Having a HTTP server only for serving pac files and other static pages
>seems a bit overkill.

Not really. Normally there is always a stable webserver available somewhere
in the organisation. Using a static file for the proxy configuration is not
a good idea, whereever it is sent from. There is a good chance that you
have to send individual configurations depending on browser, IP-address etc
any time in the future. Only if you create the proxy configuration on fly
using a CGI program, you have a chance to change it depending on your
requirements.

cu.. Stefan

 | Customer: I'm using Windows '95. Hotline: Ok, got that one. |
 | Customer: It's not working. Hotline: You already said that. |