Re: Gemini Squid

From: Ethy H Brito <ethy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:40:53 -0200 (EDT)

On 28 Oct 1998 anri@polynet.lviv.ua wrote:

> Hi Henrik!
> It should sound a bit marvellous, but i want run TWO separate Squids,
> using ONE (the same) cache.
> Those Squids should have different configuration for ports, delay pools,
> redirects, acl and so on, but identical in part of cache management.
>
> Does it hurt my cache? I dont wanna loose it.

What if you run TREE squid's like this:

Two "children" with ZERO (or almost zero) swap space and
One parent that receives requests from _only_ these two "children" with all
cache swap under its control.

It should act like a "cache manager/server" that treats read/writes to disk
and the clients to this service. (Hmmm! could this client/server implementation
be in future versions?)

Henrik, does it work as expected?
Could anyone complete/destroy my suggestion?

Ethy H. Brito /"\
InterNexo Ltda. \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
(012) 341-6860 X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
Sao Jose dos Campos / \
Sao Paulo - Brazil