Re: Disk space management

From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:37:31 +0100

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.981028213447.29140A-100000@demo.ksc.co.th>
          Apiset Tananchai <aet@demo.ksc.co.th> wrote:
> How does squid determine how much disk space currently free on each
> cache_dir? I used to get nearly full partition from df while cachemgr
> report only 30-40% is in use on that partion. (this is after a crash, I
> think) I then have to fsck that partion since squid continualy died with
> "disk full" error.
Of course you have to fsck it, but much more important for squid is
removing the swap.logs (the index files) before you fire up squid again.
I remove my swap.logs now on every restart - after crash or shutdown.

Bye,
  Thilo.

--
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zurück. Danke!