Re: Non standard http port.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:16:13 +0100

Marc Wuilleret wrote:

> Is it really dangerous to allow access to port 81 ?

Not generally.

> What kind of problems could arise if I allow users to
> use that port?

There are no registered service running on port 81, so
it should be completely safe to allow it.

You should also allow 443 (htts) and 563 (snews).

If your environment (firewall) normally enforces strict Internet access
control rules, then make sure your Squid has the same set of rules if
proxy requests bypasses the firewall rules.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker