Redirecting through proxies/Multiple proxy authentication

From: Chris Hughes <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:40:38 +0000 (GMT)

 Is it possible to force a network of squid proxies to redirect requests
via each other, due to firewall restrictions? eg. You have 3 proxies,
with users accessing all of them, but each proxy can only actually
access certain parts of the internet through the firewall. So if proxy1
gets a request that it knows it can't access, it directs the request to
the proxy that can handle it.

 I know there are a variety of options that seem to do this sort of thing
in 2.0/2.1, but I haven't seen (and haven't been able to test) anything
which will _force_ the proxy to always go via the other proxy (and issue
an error if it can't), rather than just preferring it to going direct.

 Second question. ;) Is there any solution to the problem of having a
single user using more than one proxy (which all need authentication)
without having to type in their user/password for each proxy (using LDAP
authentication, btw).

Chris