RE: Any ideas?

From: Steven Sporen <sporens@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 07:24:04 +0200

> Have you got the same DNS info on your server as you do your local machine?
> When you use a proxy it is passed the URL rather then the ip address
> translation. When you do it direct the translation is done using the local
> machines search method.

The proxy server runs the primary DNS thus all queries are pulled
from it.

I think the problem arises because the page uses stylesheets and
the DNS is not setup correctly, the page tries to get

http://ads.softbank.net/bin/wadredir?req=ad&tag=layer&siteid=1131
&pageid=2.13

Which according to my machine doesn't exist.

If I go direct Netscape doesn't report the error in the same way
squid does. For now I think the solution will be to contact the
webmaster of the site and get him to fix the page.
Cheers
  Steven
PGP Sig on request | www.elab.co.za