FW: why Squid 2 overruns cache size ?

From: ADELINE E InfoEmiAsp <Emmanuel.Adeline@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Nov 1998 08:22:00 +0100

I have similar problems, too.
Our configuration: Squid 2.0p2, Solaris 2.5.1, 4 GB disks.

Cache size keeps growing beyond the limits defined in squid.conf (although
sometimes, disk usage drops off).
We tried with "low" limits (<<100 MB); and we can see Squid using between 120%
 and 200% of the defined limit.
Eventually, the Squid stops with the following message:

FATAL: file_map_allocate: Exceeded filemap limit

--
Emmanuel Adeline               +33 1 421 48306