Re: File Descriptors.

From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:08:17 +0100

In message <364AD840.B65FEF5D@ansp.br>
          Ricardo Patara <patara@ansp.br> wrote:
> But the problem dind't change. I set up the max fd in the kernel (by
> sysctl), and runned ./configure. The max fd supported by squid was 1064
> yet. No way to change it.
> I really need more than 1064 fd.
Perhaps configure got it wrong. (Or you didn't delete your
config.cache. after sysctl -w)

You can set the number in includes/autoconf.h manually *after* you have
run configure. The define is called SQUID_MAXFD.

Maybe you can change it at run time by setting "max_open_disk_fds" in
your squid.conf. But since this is not documented very much in
squid.conf I don't know if it really works...

Bye,
  Thilo.

--
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zurück. Danke!