Re: Authentication by acl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 22:18:43 +0100

JORDAN.HRYCAJ@lhsystems.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I just work on a patch that allows to acl the user name
> of the basic authentication header. For 2.0p2 the patch

Sounds much like whats in the 2.1.PRE releases, except that
2.1.PRE uses a splay wordlist and not regexp. regexp lists
has a terrible performance when the lists grows large..

> So, using this new type of acl I can select the proxy
> parent in the "cache_peer_access" directive on a user
> authorization base. The only problem arises when there
> is no header, supplied. In that case, the acl item must

A proxy_auth acl always requires authentication if there is
no valid authentication in the request, regardless if it
is a deny or allow check.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker