Re: Squid 2.0p2 FTP and VMS FTPd's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:49:14 +0100

trn@waea.trn.nu wrote:

> The problem you are experiencing (with ftp.openvms.digital.com)
> is that the files are not on the default volume. Change the volume
> to [CD] and you should be able to see it (and all of the files)
> correctly:
>
> Ex: "cd CD:[000000]"

Then you should use a URL that represents this.

 ftp://ftp.openvms.digital.com/CD%3A%5B000000%5D/

> One thing interesting though is that MadGoat and MultiNet FTP
> servers support a "UNIX emulation mode" that allows you to use /
> pathnames and all the regular commands. You need to "cd /"
> immediately after connecting to the FTP server. You can see this
> on ftp.madgoat.com or any other MultiNet or MadGoat FTPD:

Same applies here
  ftp://ftp.madgoat.com/%2f/

This is not something that we are likely to change as it is how FTP
URLs is defined by RFC 1738. All CWD commands needed to access the
resource should be part of the URL separated by / (RFC 1738
section 3.2.2).

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker