squid 1.15b OS/2 - dnsserver won't start

From: <timur@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 22:32:13 -0600

I'm hoping there are other OS/2 users on this list.

I'm trying to get squid 1.15b for OS/2 working. I don't understand most
of the stuff, but I think I got squid.conf configured correctly.
Unfortunately, it can't see to start dnsserver.exe. I keeps repeating
"dnsserver: starting ..." and then fives up after a few tries.

When I try the "echo oceana.nlanr.net | dnsserver" I get:

dnsserver: starting ...
$fail oceana.nlanr.net
$message DNS Domain 'oceana.nlanr.net ' is invalid: Host not found (authoritative).
$end

TCP/IP on my system works just fine. I can surf the web, ping external
addresses, etc.

OS/2 Warp Server Advanced SMP
Fixpack 36
Latest WSA SMP MPTS applied

The only thing I can think of is that I'm running as a DHCP client.
Could there be a conflict with another DNS? I did copy resolv2 to
resolv, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

--
Remove "nospam_" from my email address when replying
Timur "too sexy for my code" Tabi, timur@tabi.org, http://www.tabi.org