authenticated users fail

From: Oeschey Lars <oeschey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:23:38 +0100

Hi,

yesterday we had a strange phenomen, I was called that noone could use
the proxy anymore, what i verified is: squid would authenticate you, but
not fetch anything. Watching the log showed that users that don't need
authentication still worked. In cache.log i had some entries like "FD
20: Connection from Authenticator #10 is closed, disabling". But
authentication still worked in some way, since the user/pass window
popped up....

Lars

              Lars Oeschey - Saturn & Media Markt Gesellschaft fuer

            Informationsverarbeitung mbH - Project Systems Management -
 mailto:oeschey@media-saturn.com
"I am William H. Gates of Borg, /sbin/LILO is futile, youre MBR will be
assimilated!"