Re: NCSA_Auth questions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:09:22 +0100

Ed Lawson wrote:

> Am I correct that by adding the correct acl line i should have
> username and password authentication?

Only if you use tha ACL in a http_access line. ACL lines does not
control access by them selves, they only define different classes that
you may allow/deny in http_access (or other ACL based checks).

> Using the default conf file with only the change for the external
> program results in no access.

That is the default yes. You are required to configure which hosts that
are allowed to use the cache.

Example:

acl localnet src 1.2.3.0/255.255.255.0
acl all_users proxy_auth REQUIRED