Preserve cache

From: Vinh NGO <vninfo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:51:05 +0800

Any one tried to preserve the cache from the previous version into version
2.1?

I have 16GB of cache, which I don't want to remove if I can move it to the
newer version.

The FAQ suggest to run both with sibbling. Unfortunately I do not have a
spare server with 16GB on it.

Thanks.

I found this on the FAQ:
19.8 Can I preserve my cache when upgrading from 1.1 to 2?

At the moment we do not have a script which will convert your cache contents from the 1.1 to the Squid-2
format. If enough people ask for one, then somebody will probably write such a script.

If you like, you can configure a new Squid-2 cache with your old Squid-1.1 cache as a sibling. After a few days,
weeks, or however long you want to wait, shut down the old Squid cache.