Re: SQUID SLOWER

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:22:24 +0100

rajaram wrote:

> this is not a spam mail.

No. I see that. You do not need to tell me that it isn't ;-)

> how should i tune my squid-2.0 to run fasterin find that
> squid running slower than other proxies. i had set the
> default values and iam using it.i dont know what parameters
> i should tune/change to make it run faster. advance thanks

Please read the Squid FAQ. It contains some information on performance
tuning.

First check is that you have enought of memory. Squid needs
quite a bit of memory and begins to crawl if the machine swaps.

Second, there is a number of parameters in squid.conf that you may tune:

quick_abort
half_closed_clients
cache_mem

My recommended settings:

quick_abort_min 0
quick_abort_pct 100
quick_abort_max 0
half_closes_clients off

and if you machine has little memory (less than 64MB)

cache_mem 4 MB

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker