ICP redirection.

From: Karl Ferguson <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:46:20 +0800

Hi.

I have the feeling this isn't possible, but I though I'd ask.

Lets say I have 2 squids (x and y) with only one running a redirector (x)
for the file abc.zip to point to http://1.2.3.4/abc.zip (which is currently
cached on x).

Now lets say that cache y sends an ICP request to cache x for abc.zip at
another site, I take it the server x will issue an ICP miss even though
it's got a redirector for all abc.zip's to one place? If it's possible to
do so could someone please enlighten me (apart from x being a parent for y:).

Am I being totally confusled here?

Regards