Re: External Auth

From: Bruce Campbell <bc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:16:09 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Andrew Smith wrote:

> I would certainly like to pass the client IP address to the
> authenticator as well, since the person's location can determine their
> quota allowance. Some departments want to pay more than others.

<AOL>Me too</AOL>

Although we're a commercial ISP, not an educational setup, we're diverging
into more permanent customers... who need to be cut off politely when
their credit runs out.

Ideally, as far as the client is concerned, they suddenly find they can
reach a page 'You are out of cash, pay up', suitable sugared, and the next
time they request an IP address (by dialing in/dhcp leases), they don't
get routed outside our network (thats seperate to squid, squid in this
instance is a means of telling 'em whats happening)

--==--
Bruce.

Sysadmin, TheHub

(Anyone else struck by the oddity that its Brisbane/Australians wanting
this? ;) )