Re: External Auth

From: Andrew Smith <ccasmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:33:52 +1000

Just to chime in, we also use the authenticator to check quota as well as authentication. I cannot
see a better way to do this with Squid at present.

I would certainly like to pass the client IP address to the authenticator as well, since the
person's location can determine their quota allowance. Some departments want to pay more than
others.

Thanks,

Andrew.

David Richards wrote:

> Henrik,
>
> The authenticator itself does not bother telling users, as far as
> my code is concerned it is only matters what the answer is to
> username/password. However, the "real" authentication process does want
> to tell users clever things.
>
> This is the situation:
>
> SAME MACHINE DIFFERENT MACHINES
>
> Squid
> |
> Authenticator
> |
> Lauth ------------------ Authentication Server

<snip>

--
Dr. Andrew Smith                     Any OPINIONS expressed are
Network Development                  mine and do not necessarily